- Thank you for your interest in the new Southern Star Series. This new Series has been formed by energetic members of the Southern Zone clubs, all striving for a series that has the karter as the main priority.
The goals for this series are:
- To promote karting in country NSW
- To provide a well run and competitive series of race meetings over a calendar year on NSW country tracks
- To provide a weekend race meeting that has plenty of track time and encourages participation from all karting levels
CLASSES (Provisional pending final approval)
- Cadet 9
- Cadet 12
- KA4 Junior Light
- KA4 Junior Heavy
- KA4 Senior Light
- KA4 Senior Heavy
- KA3 Junior
- Junior Performance
- KA3 Senior Light
- KA3 Senior Heavy
- TaG 125 Restricted Light
- TaG 125 Restricted Heavy
- TaG 125 Light
- TaG 125 Heavy
The fee for entry in each event shall be $115 per entry and $85 for a second entry to the same driver.
The date and time for close of entry shall be 8.00 am on the Saturday of each meeting.
Minimum licence requirement is Grade D Provisional, subject to class licence restrictions.
The minimum number of entries per class shall be five (5). If insufficient entries are received for a class, classes may be cancelled or combined at the discretion of the Organiser.
FORMAT OF RACING
- NO PRACTICE ALLOWED ON THE WEEK STARTING ON THE MONDAY PRIOR TO EACH EVENT
- Saturday and Sunday racing
- If time and/or track curfew permit: One (1) only five (5) lap unofficial practice on Saturday morning may be offered.
- One (1) only five (5) lap carby session, Saturday morning only
- Four (4) Heats – Grid positions shall be determined by random computer gridding.
- One (1) Final- Starting positions will be determined by the lowest points score from the four (4) heats combined.
- Four (4) Heats of seven (7) kilometres
- Final of eleven (11) kilometres
- Each competitor will drop their worst (lowest scoring) race. This may be either a heat or the final.
- Points overall from the heats and final combined (less the dropped lowest points race) will determine the overall winner.
- For combined classes, points will be awarded in class finishing order.
- Presentation of round trophies after completion of racing on Sunday afternoon at each round.
- The series winners and presentation will be announced after the round presentation at the fifth and final round.
- The series winner in each class will be the person with the highest points score for the series, regardless of rounds completed.
- To be eligible for the series major prize/s the driver must have entered in and competed in all five rounds and be present at the draw at the fifth and final round.
- To be eligible for any other prizes the driver must have competed in at least one (1) round and be present at the draw at the fifth and final round. The drivers name will be entered into the minor draw with one entry for every round competed in.
All drivers are required to be on the outgrid, helmets on and ready to go, before the final lap of the previous class. Drivers will be released from the outgrid as soon as the track is cleared by the marshals. Any drive not on the grid when the class is released will miss that race.
The amount of laps run for the heats and final will be as near as possible to the distances indicated above, considering the different track lengths, lap times, curfews, operational requirements etc. This decision is to be made by the series committee in conjunction with the hosting club.
The points for the rounds are as follows:
Every entrant receives the following points for each class they enter in and competing in at each individual round.
- Round 1. = 10 points
- Round 2. = 15 Points
- Round 3. = 20 Points
- Round 4. = 25 Points
- Round 5. = 30 Points
The following points will be awarded to each round winner and place getter, from first place through to fifteenth place.
- 1 = 25 points
- 2 = 20 points
- 3 = 16 points
- 4 = 14 points
- 5 = 12 points
- 6 = 10 points
- 7 = 9 points
- 8 = 8 points
- 9 = 7 points
- 10 = 6 points
- 11 = 5 points
- 12 = 4 points
- 13 = 3 points
- 14 = 2 points
- 15 = 1 point
At the completion of the series the points for all five (5) rounds will be totalled and the driver with the highest points score in each class will be determined the winner of the series in each class.
In the event of a draw, Chapter 1 Section 27 will be applied as per the 2017 KA Rule Book’
- Track open 7.00am
- Race entries open from 7.00am
- Scrutineering from 7.30am
- Race entries close 8.00am
- Unofficial Practice from 8.00am (9.00am Canberra)
- Drivers briefing straight after the completion of unofficial practice.
- Five (5) lap carby session straight after drivers brief
- Racing commences straight after the completion of carby
- Track opens 7.00am
- Drivers briefing (Optional) 8.00am (8.45am Canberra)
- Racing commences straight after drivers brief or 8.15am (9.00am Canberra)
- Presentation is after the completion of racing.
First, Second and Third place getters in each class will be awarded at the end of each round.
First, Second and Third place getters in the series will be awarded at the end of the final round at Grenfell.
A major prize will be randomly drawn after the final round at Grenfell. To be eligible the winner must have entered and competed in all five (5) rounds and be present at the draw.
Minor prizes will be randomly drawn after the final round. To be eligible the winner must have competed in a round of the series and be present at the draw. Each competitor will automatically entered into the draw for every round competed in. i.e. Five rounds = five entries.
If you wish to contact us please contact one of the involved clubs or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you once again for your interest in the 2017 Southern Star Series. We hope you can be apart of a Series that is run by drivers for the drivers. Please spread the word and urge other drivers to compete. This is for you, so please show your support.
Yours in Karting
Southern Star Series Committee